5 weeks. 5 weeks left. 5 weeks left in the school year! I only hope I have taught all that I need to teach my students. Sometimes I find myself wondering if I've done enough. It's a question I cannot answer though; not truly. I feel that I've done all I can, but is that the same as doing enough? I used to think so... TFA instills such a sense of urgency, though, that I often find myself questioning that belief.
Speaking of TFA, I do not know how I would have managed to teach this class of students in this place, with as much success as I have managed to attain without TFA. Teach For America provides so many resources and avenues of support that I wonder how any teacher makes it through their first year any other way!
My kiddos amaze me. Recent favorite quotes:
"That [Terra Nova] was easy. Because you know all that stuff on there? We learned it in class."
"An objective is something you can say at the end of the lesson and it will be true!"
"I don't want to go to 3rd grade and leave you, Ms. Lamontagne."
"So, which one of you has a crush on me?"
"I heart you so so so much, you fool."
"Ms. Lamontagne, how do butterflies have babies?"
Well, they don't have babies like people, they lay eggs.
"No, like, how do they HAVE the babies, Ms. Lamontagne. Like, how do they MAKE them?"
Um... I am sure we can find that answer in one of our books on butterflies...
I am really going to miss these kids next year. I cannot imagine having another class of students next year! As much as I am excited to be better at all of this - and I know that comes with time and experience - it will be strange to have another group of children in my room! I am sure they will be as great as this group, but they will not be the same...
I guess that's all for now...
More to come! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment