Tuesday, March 1

March Madness

There's nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway. 


Thanks to some inspiration from my friend Vickie over at the Ramblings of a TwentySomething, March will be a month of slight madness for me. She posted some goals to make healthy choices for the month of March, and invited readers to join in any/all of her goals. I've decided to set two goals of my own: one for physical health, and one for mental health. 


March will be a month of "dailies" for me: 

  • A personal challenge to move each day (could be a run, walk, hike, class at the Y, anything -- I just have to move!), and 
  • A daily blog challenge

Now that I'm consistent about blogging blessings, I'd like to become more consistent in actually blogging. Some days simply lack inspiration for me, but perhaps if there was a prompt, I would find myself writing more. Hence, the 30 Day Blog Challenge, which I will begin posting tomorrow, so that I finish up on March 31st: 


Day 01 — A favorite song
Day 02 — A favorite movie
Day 03 — A favorite TV show
Day 04 — A favorite book
Day 05 — A favorite quote
Day 06 — A fun fact about me
Day 07 — A favorite photo
Day 08 — Something I crave
Day 09 — Pet peeves
Day 10 — A photo of me taken over ten years ago
Day 11 — A photo of me taken recently
Day 12 — Something I bought recently
Day 13 — Something I want to buy
Day 14 — An old photo
Day 15 — My celebrity crush
Day 16 — A favorite food
Day 17 — A photo of my family
Day 18 — A baby photo
Day 19 — A fun memory
Day 20 — A hobby of mine
Day 21 — A favorite recipe
Day 22 — A favorite joke
Day 23 — A video
Day 24 — A travel story
Day 25 — A favorite photo
Day 26 — A funny (true) story
Day 27 — A child I love
Day 28 — A place I love
Day 29 — A person I love
Day 30 — Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days



We'll see how it goes! 


In personal news, tomorrow is my mother's last chemo treatment! I am thrilled, relieved, and anxious. This past round was very difficult for her, and though I know this is the last one she has to go through, it is still going to be heartbreaking to watch her deal with the side effects. It'll be the last meeting of the Chemo Girls (and Guy), which is definitely cause for celebration! 


Blessing #120: Crock Pot
Recently I've discovered the amazingness of the Crock Pot. Dump all of the ingredients into the pot, put the cover on, plug the Crock Pot in, set it on low, and come back in 6-8 hours to find dinner ready. Incredible! First of all, it makes what can easily be the most hectic part of my day much smoother, and also I look like a much more capable cook than I am. Bonus: the house smells delicious all day long! 



♥

1 comment:

C said...

Crock pots are THE BEST.

Wishing your mom all kinds of luck through this last treatment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails