Impromptu blessings. For a day that found me feeling down a few times, there were so many blessings to count!
Blessing #4: CM
I am so blessed... my friend CM reminded me this evening why my desire for a DeLorean may be slightly misguided. So not only would a DeLorean be cool, but a crystal ball as well. Going back would be great except if we went back, we would not be who we are today. While sometimes being who we are today is not the most fun experience, it is who we are and it is what makes us each interesting and unique. Having a crystal ball would make life more simple. We could then prepare for what is to come. I don't want to see very far; for instance I do not want to know how I will die. But, I would like to see where things are going and whether or not doing certain things now will make it all worth it. I'm still holding out for the DeLorean. Perhaps we're both a little misguided... isn't it the unknown that makes life worth experiencing in the first place? Reminds me of the movie Stranger Than Fiction... the protagonist realizes that his life is being narrated (well, actually, dictated) by the author of his story, and he struggles against always knowing what happens next and feeling as though he has no choice. I suppose a DeLorean or a crystal ball would ultimately rob us of the power we have over the present. That's not something I really want to give up, I suppose... although, at times, I will wish for the chance to gun that car to 88, and that's ok.
Blessing #5: Telephone pictionary
I am so blessed... that game is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of whispering a word or phrase around a circle, each person playing comes up with a phrase, writes it down and passes it to the left. The person on their immediate left has the job of drawing a picture to represent the phrase, then they pass it to their left, and that player must try to decipher the phrase shown by the illustration. This continues until each player ends up with the pile of cards showing the multiple representations of the original phrase. Hilarity ensues. Playing that game with good friends is especially wonderful.
Blessing #6: Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
I will not even try to describe the decadent and delightful deliciousness of a peanut butter chocolate cake. Words would fail to adequately express the experience of eating such a dessert! So I'll just leave you to imagine...
Much love. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment