When other people make mistakes, we seek justice.
When we make mistakes, we seek compassion.
The lesson is to give to others what you seek.
Oh, life... That quote is convicting. I understand it, yet I struggle to live it out... Especially at times like now. Justice is easy to demand when you feel someone else is wrong. I can't always be right, and that means extending compassion particularly at times when I really don't feel like it. I would say that my life motto is a combination of the Golden Rule and Ghandi's ideal: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Right now I really need to be able to treat others as I want to be treated, but in selfishness I'm wavering. I'm amazed at how it never seems to be easier to live my life in a way that honors who I am... In fact, I'd say it seems to get harder the more I understand the kind of person I want to be; I suppose the greater conviction I have about my ideals and values, the more I have to actually honor them by living them out every day. Once again I say: Oh, life...
Blessing #16: String Section of the Phoenix Symphony
I am so blessed... Today the String Section of the Phoenix Symphony came to my school to perform for the students. They were enthralled and I must admit, I was as well. What an amazing talent to be able to play an instrument like that in sync with other musicians! I never realized how beautiful a sound could be produced by just that section of the symphony orchestra.
Don't forget to count your blessings.
Much love. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment