You have two ears, one mouth, and one behind. Sit down, shut up, and listen.
Those words were shared tonight at church by the guest pastor. Just what I needed to hear. I have stopped questioning the occurrence of such God-incidences and am working on just living them.
Blessing #67: Listening
I am so blessed... to have two ears which allow me to listen to the counsel of others. I do not mean to imply that I regularly use them to listen; in fact, most of the time I'm "listening," I am merely waiting impatiently for my chance to share some ideas and thoughts of my own. Fooled you, didn't I? That intent look on my face does not show my deep interest in the words coming out of your mouth, oh no! That's the "I'm formulating my response" look. How sad for me to learn then, tonight, that in order to honor others and mature myself, I need to listen. Not talk. Listen. Uh-oh. Which means I have to work on actually using my ears to hear the words being said. Wisdom, maturity, and the gift of honoring others awaits me if I do, though. I suppose, in that case, it's worth it... Something new for me to work on! I believe I've already been successful at consistently achieving two personal goals this year: keeping my room/bathroom/apartment clean and blogging my blessings [almost] daily. I feel ready to take on a new goal: to honor others and mature myself by listening. Here goes nothing...
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment