Blessing #66: Borders Books
I am so blessed... to have rediscovered a source of serenity: the bookstore! In the rush of my daily life recently, I had forgotten bookstores were one of my favorite places to be. Today I spent quite a bit of time just wandering around Borders. So peaceful. How inspiring to be surrounded by the words of [many] talented, insightful writers. I even found a book I am excited to read: You Were Born For This. Maybe when a quiet, peaceful place to work is needed, I'll head back to Borders. There are many nooks where people rarely walk, and even if they do, they do so without talking. It's funny how shelves of books make people so quiet. There are no signs demanding silence; it seems to be the instinctive response to volumes of writing. Silence. Reverent silence. I love it.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment