Tuesday, November 10

Time Is On My Side

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. 

Tomorrow I have 10 hours to spend not being at school! Although I value the sacrifice of the veterans for far more than the day off I'll get tomorrow, to be completely honest... Right now I am so excited about being able to sleep in mid-week that I can hardy wrap my head around anything else. It's the simple things that make life grand. On tomorrow's agenda: hiking and laying by the pool at a fancy resort (it's still unseasonably warm here). On a Wednesday!

Blessing #42: Lunch Dates
I am so blessed... I am now privy to what I think might be one of the most amazing benefits of the teaching profession: staying in touch with your former students! Today I had two of my students from last year in for lunch with me; right when my students go out for recess, they are lining up for lunch. The freedom I felt interacting with them as an adult who is no longer their teacher... it was great! We just got to hang out! Plus, now that we know each other and they trust me, I can talk to them about everything; I am free to be more of a mentor. For one student, that meant role playing with him how he could talk to his current teacher about drawing during class. He wants to draw, and we came up with what we thought might be an acceptable compromise; I wrote the short script out on a note card and he practiced asking me the questions and how we would act if the answer was "No." I can't wait to find out what happened.

Blessing #43: Bee
I am so blessed... my Bee is such a wonderful friend! Today I got the best email from her. I miss her dearly, but I was excited to hear about her life now. (She is newly married and moved to a new state during her honeymoon!) To have a dear friend who knows you so well, is excited to share small and big details of life with you, and knows how to encourage you in just the right way -- that is a treasure.

♥ 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails