Change your thoughts and you change your world.
The last couple of days have been spent deep cleaning different areas of my life: my apartment, my classroom and my mind. Cleaning the apartment was the most thoroughly exhausting and satisfying. My dad helped me fix our vacuum and after tearing the poor machine apart and ultimately deep cleaning it, I must have vacuumed our place at least 5 times yesterday. And twice today. And probably first thing tomorrow morning. Vacuuming = peace. Cleaning my classroom was not as challenging as it was last year during Fall Break; this year, "cleaning" basically meant organizing a pile of papers I had not yet filed away. Otherwise, my classroom has stayed very clean and organized so far, which has been wonderful. Deep cleaning my mind and my thoughts has been a lot more time consuming than I would have expected, but still absolutely necessary. It felt a bit like opening that closet where you've just be stuffing things and when the door is finally pulled open: CRASH! Everything just comes tumbling out. As overwhelming as that felt at first, ultimately, I got to reorganize all of my jumbled thoughts and feelings and put them away (or throw them out). That felt incredible.
Blessing #22: Cleaning
I am so blessed... the physical act of cleaning one's immediate environment is... well, cleansing. There's really nothing as exhausting or liberating as getting on your hands and knees and scrubbing away. Vacuuming is probably my favorite part of cleaning, but I also really love doing dishes. I love to clean!
Don't forget to count your blessings.
Much love. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment