"Well," said Pooh, "What I like best--" and then he had to stop and think, because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
Oh, Winnie the Pooh... beloved childhood bear and purveyor of wisdom. There is that moment before you do something -- anticipation -- that somehow holds more emotion, excitement and thrill than the actual experience itself.
Merriam Webster defines anticipation as: 1 a : a prior action that takes into account or forestalls a later action b : the act of looking forward; especially : pleasurable expectation.
My friends, I am an anticipation junkie. Perhaps my self-diagnosed "indecisiveness" is really an anticipation addiction; the more time I spend in Indecisive Town, the longer I can experience the thrill of pleasurable expectation. You know what I mean... that feeling of not really knowing what is going to happen after the next move you make. Akin to sitting in the first car on the roller coaster right before you take the plunge down the 250 foot drop, anticipation exhilarates you like nothing else can. Maybe that's why we sometimes crave change -- we're actually longing for the moments leading up to change when we feel the thrill of looking forward to the unknown. Of course, many times the lure of anticipation leads to unfortunate choices; there are many moments I don't enjoy the aftereffects of a decision I was finally forced to make after lingering too long in Indecisive Town.
Blessing #18: My Kids
I am so blessed... my students are beyond wonderful! They make my heart... overflow with joy and love and happiness and all those cheesy things. We just have the best time together. We laugh and sing and tell jokes and get excited about making our brains grow in second grade. And their hugs... Oh, their hugs heal all the little messes in my life that overwhelm me. My life is made infinitely better by these 27 angels.
Don't forget to count your blessings.
Much love. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment