Oh-oh I'm on your side
didn't I, didn't I tell you.
Take time to realize
This all can pass you by.
Didn't I tell you...
But I can't spell it out for you,
No it's never gonna be that simple
No I can't spell it out for you...
Sometimes defining moments come and go without the realization that right then, everything changed. I'm finding that my subconscious makes decisions for me without my expressed consent, but that I need to be ok with it because clearly, my subconscious knows me better than I can even begin to understand. The fact that my instinct can be so spot on shouldn't really surprise me, but it does... Perhaps that's due to the fact that I like hanging out in Indecisive Town (see post "Anticipation Junkie"), and ignoring my instincts allows me more time there.
Blessing #21: Taco Bell
I am so blessed... aside from the immense pleasure I get from eating a Crunchwrap Supreme, seeing a Taco Bell as I was driving down the road yesterday triggered a series of thoughts that helped me clear my head of some guilt-inducing clutter. It's amazing the realizations one can come to when the mind is clear, open, and ready to see what has always been true. Plus, the food is as delicious as it is unhealthy. I wish I could say "I don't like fast food," but truth be told, I love it! There are few things as satisfying as a gooey pile of artery-clogging "cheese" and beans wrapped in a flour tortilla. Anyhow... Here's to being more aware of my instincts and acknowledging the wisdom that can be found in following your "gut feelings."
Don't forget to count your blessings.
Much love. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment