Tuesday, October 6

Timing Isn't Everything

But sometimes,
We forget what we got,
Who we are.
Oh who are are not.
I think we gotta chance,
To make it right.
Keep it loose,
Keep it tight.

Sometimes we forget who we got,
Who they are.
Oh, who they are not.
There is so much more in love,
Than black and white.
Keep it loose child,
Gotta keep it tight.



I've been thinking a lot lately about timing. Sometimes I think we blame timing for situations that don't work out the way we want, when really, the situation was wrong from the start. By "we," of course, I mean me... I'm just hoping you'll agree. Regardless, I think it would behoove me to stop my lame attempts to fix every little thing. Some situations really are just broken and fixing it isn't an option. That gets me to wondering, though... How do I know when I can or cannot fix something?  Not that I believe in truly lost causes, but I do think that at a certain point, I have to be willing to let go and accept my own inadequate power over any person or situation other than myself. Really, I can only take responsibility for me. Once I know I have done that, there is nothing left to do but wash my hands. I'll have to start listening for that still small voice that gently whispers: "Let it be.." I think we ignore that voice sometimes -- at least, I know I do -- in favor of noble attempts to right situations we deem wrong, even if deep down, we know there is nothing to be done. Where is the wisdom in that? 


Which reminds me of something a friend said on his blog: Wisdom comes from understanding that the build-up of your knowledge might have a theme, a pattern, a main idea if you will. Yet we are to quick to amass our knowledge into a pre-packaged theme that you might find in a fortune cookie or a Hallmark card. We rarely let the theme show itself or work itself out, and rather we are quick to label and judge our experiences and then further categorize them. I find this strikingly humorous, sad, and endearing all in one. It represents a perennial flaw of mine and yours - impatience. In my own ridiculous impatience, I fail to listen to that still small voice, which would impart to me the knowledge I need to handle a situation if I would just listen. Instead of choosing to listen and be wise, I constantly find myself choosing my own knowledge (which I can readily admit is limited and very naive) and acting on it. Silly girl. Will I ever learn? I hope so... As I sit on the floor with my laptop and a glass of water, I raise my green plastic cup and propose a toast: Here's to wisdom and learning to wait patiently for that still small voice. 


Blessing # 23: IMEEM
I am so blessed... The internet is rapidly providing more interesting, simple and instantly-gratifying ways to listen to music. Case in point: Imeem. On this website, you can browse many genres and artists and create a playlist (Quick Mix) of music you currently want to hear. You can save the playlist if you'd like, or just close out of it and make a new one next time you go on the site. A basic membership is free and you can even listen to entire CDs! Unlike Pandora, there are no commercials (though I doubt that will last long), and if you'd like to purchase the song(s) you're listening to, the site takes you to iTunes. How cool is that?! I find it to be the perfect combination of radio, Pandora and iTunes. Love that site... 


Don't forget to count your blessings. 
Much love. ♥ 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails