Wednesday, January 13

100

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.


Here it is, the 100th blessing...

Blessing #100: Counting my blessings
I am so blessed... though I realize to say that counting my blessings is a blessing sounds an awful lot like wishing for three more wishes from the magic lamp, it feels right. Counting my blessings opened the right kinds of doors for me emotionally. At times when I most needed perspective, I had this waiting, to remind me that while things aren't what I would call "perfect," the joy is there. Over the last 100 blessings, it has become clear to me that it isn't about finding something that gives me joy, it's finding the joy in what I have or what I'm doing. Whatever, whenever, wherever -- that is where my joy lies. So I'm not going to stop. Counting my blessings has been the greatest blessing of all.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails