I've been watching a string of TED videos recently on creativity; what it is, how we cultivate it, and -- most importantly -- how we stifle it in our children and ruin it in adults who pursue creativity through the arts.
I haven't finished sorting through enough of it to share all of my thoughts... I chew on ideas for a long time before they are truly formed. The videos are provoking, however, and I hope you'll watch them. They've gotten me thinking, for sure. Particularly about my responsibility as an educator and as a human to value, foster, admire, and protect creativity.
Ken Robinson on schools killing creativity:
Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love), on fostering creativity:
Blessing #102: Daylight Savings
I am so blessed... that today I experienced the joy of Daylight Savings Time. One of the reasons I was excited to move to Arizona was the lack of Daylight Savings Time. Except that today, I loved it! We left for a trip to California early today, and then when we crossed the border, we realized we had gained an hour! An extra hour of a three-day weekend? That's a blessing.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment