Sunday, January 3

Aquarium Smell

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them? 


When it rains, it pours.

Well, actually, in the case of my classroom: when it floods, it smells like an aquarium.

Part two of the academic year starts tomorrow, and today I went into my school to prep, only to find the desks and furniture pushed to one side of my classroom and half of the carpet pulled up. I was also greeted by a heavy odor that can only described as how an aquarium smells. Ick. Another teacher and I are moving our classrooms upstairs - indefinitely - to rooms that have been closed since last June. While making copies and talking to my parents on the phone, I confessed that I wasn't freaking out as expected. There's nothing to be done, and in many ways, this could prove to be a fun adventures for the students in my class and I this year! We can handle it, I'm sure.

Blessing #94: Pudding
I am so blessed... that on a day like today, a cupful of chocolaty, creamy goodness awaits me in my refrigerator. Fresh & Easy Dark Chocolate Pudding always makes me smile. Yummy stuff, I tell ya.

A collage of pictures from my Christmas here and at home:




Another from my New Year's trip to San Diego:





1 comment:

dathomiri witch said...

I know you guys will make the most out of this adventure!

Nice garden photos ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails